I created a small game using the Design Patterns

Hello everyone!

After reading and taking some courses about design patterns I decided to put them to practice by making a small game. I used almost all the patterns taught in the course, didn’t implement any other because I didn’t want to make this even bigger than what it already was.

You can find more information on the Github README file.

You can play the game at the link below.

Well done, Yee! It took me a few minutes to figure out the controls (spammed the keyboard until I figured out that the space turned, LOL). In the end, I made it all the way to 10 seconds! :slight_smile:

Thanks! In all my games I usually detail the controls below, but I probably should start putting them on the game screen too since a lot of people don’t even notice what I write.

What I really enjoyed from this exercise was the decorator and composite patterns, I’ve used them before to create Behaviour Trees and GOAP systems, but never to create an ability or item system, the pattern is so amazingly flexible that I could have created thousands of items with only 4 effects (heal, destroy enemies, invulnerability, delay), the combinations are truly endless and really fun to play with.

What I’m also noticing is that is really, really hard to make people play a game :rofl: more often than not, people will play 3 seconds and leave, if they even click at all.

Privacy & Terms