How to turn these projects into HTML or a downloadable App?

I would love to know if it is possible to learn the power to turn these little games into downloadable apps or HTML games to publish them in platforms like itch or sharemygame.

I suppose some programmers might consider that power to be unnatural but the projects on this course (C++ Fundamentals) are a great portfolio addition.

1 Like

HTML is basically writing and working with Javascript(s).
HTML apps are are build with Progressive Web Application (WPA) stucture. Where everything is done in a single web page. This WPA code can be packaged as a web App. Using IONIC, Electron, … it has it pro’s and con’s.

You can use PHASER library for creating 2D and 3D games.

1 Like

Raylib does have some web-based bindings among many others that could allow you to make HTML games based on the Raylib framework, though they’d use javascript primarily and not c++.

As for uploading to itch, you can upload your existing c++ project to itch! You just need to put your executable file and assets into a zip folder and upload to your project page. You can learn more on itch’s developer page. Though if you do upload the c++ executable version users will need to download it first before being able to play, which may turn some people off or cause their antivirus software to flag it as a false positive.

2 Likes

I forgot to add, I’m working on a Mac, so I’m not 100% sure how I could import the executable to Itch.

This is what happens when I click on main, and on the right side are all the executables, none of them do anything,

This is what the terminal shows.

All the textures fail to load for whatever reason.

Are you clicking on the executable inside your project or do you have it in a seperate folder on its own?

I’ll be honest and say I’m not super knowledgeable with development on MacOS so there could be something else going on.

Privacy & Terms