How does your Triple X game start?

In this lesson we learn how to output strings to the terminal.

What gets printed to the terminal in your game when it starts? What kind of theme does your Triple X have?

1 Like

Screenshot%20(97)

I am going for a funny lighthearted theme. I have a group of secret agent students trying to hack into a parked ice cream plane in the hanger. Because in the future there are no more ice cream trucks but ice cream planes.

Also I decided to do it in visual studio 2019.

My TripleX game starts:

“You are Max Boulder a space junk salvage expert. Currently you’re attached to the outer airlock door of an abandoned TX-756 freighter orbiting a distant asteroid, the only thing between you and a fortune in minerals is guessing the correct code to open the door.”

My game starts saying that we are a soul condemned to hell, then says we have to guess the password of the door to advance

1 Like

I know you said to just use two lines, but I can never pass up an opportunity to be elaborate.

7 Likes

I like what you did! It is different and unique! Keep it up!

1 Like

Awesome work guys!

@Coronator great theme! :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

My game starts by stating:

You are a rookie bomb defuser. There is a crisis in the building with many bombs to defuse. You need to enter the correct codes on the devices in order to defuse them! Hurry before time runs out!

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    std::cout << "You're a whistle-blower hacking into the CEO's computer...";
    std::cout << std::endl;
    std::cout << "You need to enter the correct security codes to continue...";
    return 0;
}

The player is a whistle-blower trying to hack into the computer of the CEO of their company to find evidence.

1 Like

Why Am I having this error

1 Like

The player is a student trying to hack into the schools database to give himself an A

Is it wrong to use \n to start a new line?

GUYS I NEED HELP:
I’m using mac
for some reason whenever I use the method to compile the program that is in the lectures the program never compiles. And when I wrote #inculde the program indicated an error in this step. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?!

Triplex-Storyline

This is how I start my game:

You are a baker assistance and you are in your first year of work at a prestigious bakery...
You chief asked to mix a few ingrediends and later you realized that you don't know how much of what you need to mix
You chief is an AA regular and wrote the receipe with a ultra secret code that you now need to brake. of course, your chief is drunk and he does not remember what he wrote, and you have angry csutomer that are waiting for their cake

...you only have a few clues to devise the recepie, so get to work! or you will get yourself fired.

#include

int main()
{
std::cout << “Hello World”;
return 0;
}
does not work. i can see that std is in green.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.21.27702\include\ostream(708): warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify /EHsc
triplex.cpp(5): note: see reference to function template instantiation ‘std::basic_ostream<char,std::char_traits> &std::operator <<<std::char_traits>(std::basic_ostream<char,std::char_traits> &,const char *)’ being compiled
Microsoft ® Incremental Linker Version 14.21.27702.2
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

See Lecture 25.

Privacy & Terms