How do I run a WebGL build locally?

In the “How To Build & Publish A Game” lecture we learned how to publish the game on a website. But what is missing is how to run a WebGL build locally (I know I can get an executable to run).

Hi Timur,

Theoretically, you should be able to run the WebGL build locally. However, due to security restrictions of your browser, it might be that you get a problem due to CORS.

I usually set privacy.file_unique_origin to false in the settings of Firefox to test my game locally, then set it back to true. See here. (You do not have to download anything.)

See also:

huh. I even knew about the CORS, but because of how the error message is formulated(*) I didn’t even think about it and assumed Node.js or something is necessary (and Unity even started some Node.js process IIRC). Thanks!

*) “Failed to download file Build/WebGL Builds.data. Loading web pages via a file:// URL without a web server is not supported by this browser. Please use a local development web server to host Unity content, or use the Unity Build and Run option.”

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms