Host(Server + Client) not working after GameOverHandler implementation

Hi,

After the unit base building lesson I am not able anymore to host server plus client.

When I go into play mode and click on Host (Server + Client) I get this (inactive/disconnected) message

And in the console instead of having the Server: listening port = 7777, I got the following log message:
‘’’
Server Thread stopped. That’s okay. System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
Telepathy.Server:Listen (int) (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/Telepathy/Server.cs:169)
Telepathy.Server/<>c__DisplayClass9_0:b__0 () (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/Telepathy/Server.cs:196)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

‘’’

I checked online for some solution, but the only thing I found was to change my port from 7777 to 8659.

This fixes the problem, but I could not find out why the problem started in the first instance and why changing to that number fixes it.

Many thanks for the help.

I guess something else on your computer is using the 7777 port already? Perhaps you have a build of the game that didn’t shutdown it’s connection properly. You could try restarting your computer and see if that helps.

1 Like

It worked, thank you, so apparently I had something still using that connection in the background. Is this something that could happen in a final product as well, and if so, is there anything I could do to close all the connections to that port when the game is closed?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms