Hello Godot, Goodbye Unity

Hi! I had intended to switch from Unity to Godot in the not-so-distant future to complete my fully open-source toolkit, but the greedy decision of Unity Technologies board now convinces me to accelerate.

I’m sad because I loved working on GameDev TV Unity courses, as D.E.A.R. 42 and T-Cell and others, and also create a nice prototype during the GameDev TV 2022 Game Jam :cry: But I don’t trust this company anymore and I don’t want to spend more time learning their technology :angry: Maybe a little bit more of Microsoft C# but meeh… → GDScript looks attractive too :cupcake:

So, hello Godot, goodbye Unity and here we begin a new journey together :seedling:

:bulb: My personal challenge : try to adapt Unity courses challenges for Godot. This could be a fun exercice :blush:

Hate money :moneybag: , love people :penguin:

3 Likes

You can still use C# and or GDscript. There is a .NET version.

The C# side isn’t as fully fleshed out as yet but it’s getting there.

1 Like

Yes, thanks. I heard this two years ago and it was one of the reason why I chose to learn Unity first while giving Godot more time to develop :slight_smile:
I like Kaan’s details on multiple uses of languages in Intro To Scripting :grinning:

1 Like

Hi! I had intended to switch from Unity to Godot in the not-so-distant future to complete my fully open-source toolkit

Welcome to the party. I started to learn Godot, when version 4 was released and I still have a lot to learn. I think learning this engine for making very simple games is useful.

Hi! I had intended to switch from Unity to Godot in the not-so-distant future to complete my fully open-source toolkit

If you know a bit of Python (:snake:) then this GDScript will be easier to learn.

try to adapt Unity courses challenges for Godot. This could be a fun exercice

In fact I’m thinking to remade the games I have made in Unity to Godot just to find a way to learn the engine.

3 Likes

I hope GameDev.TV will release more Godot 4 courses soon. Currently, I am just getting into those short courses in Zenva which I got from Humble Bundle deal.

1 Like

There is a 3D complete course in the pipeline…
Probably best to sign up to newsletter to keep up to date with announcements :wink:

3 Likes

There is a 3D complete course in the pipeline…

Wonderful

Privacy & Terms