Having Trouble Connecting To The Server

You know what, I never thought of that, I will try and do that Sam I will report back to you about this.

Just come though this lecture following exactly along with Sam.
Using 4.17.2 and needed no changes to connect up and have multiple players setting up.

1 Like

As long as I spent some time to get my client connected with a server, I’d like to share what was my final successful result:
Server:

“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.17\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe” “<Path_to_project>\PuzzlePlatforms.uproject” /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Maps/ThirdPersonExampleMap?listen -server -log

Client:

“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.17\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe” “<Path_to_project>\PuzzlePlatforms.uproject” 127.0.0.1:7777 /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Maps/ThirdPersonExampleMap -game -log

This worked for me. Details as @apalopohapa mentioned long ago :

1. “?listen” after map name for server
  2. 127.0.0.1 IP for client to connect (local host instead of local IP)

Cheers and Thanks

3 Likes

I’m using Unreal version 4.18.1 and can confirm that this solution works.

Which solution worked for you?

@sampattuzzi

The solution from memory (yay head colds lol) resembles mine as well i think although mine wanted port 7778 which i found from the server startup log :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

The one @s3lfik posted. I added ?listen to the end of the map and used Local host (127.0.0.1).

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms