Have you used dictionaries before?

If so, what for? And don’t say looking up words!

1 Like

I once used a dictionary to prop up a webcam.

4 Likes

I was totally lost here and had no chance of completing that challenge! BUT I think that’s just the vibe for this whole saving section for me. I’ll just battle through it and hopefully get back to understanding the content in the next section!

The save section is a little more advanced by necessity. I will prefix it with a warning and an asset bundle that can be downloaded to skip the section.

1 Like

I don’t mind knowing about it as it’s been helpful to learn what serialization actually does! I just no idea how I’d implement this again on my own as it hasn’t clicked. Of course one day I’m going to need to know how to save some piece of data in a game beyond playerprefs so I’m glad it’s there.

More competent developers are probably all over this but that’s a great idea about putting the video and package up front for those that aren’t interested in this level of complexity.

A post was split to a new topic: What if we wish to save/load dynamically created and destroyed objects?

Once that I can remember when I was studying programing in college for our final project for a ASP.NET 4.5 course we had to create a fake website store front and one of the requirements was to create a product look up function using a dictionary. I decided to make my website an online skate shop as my older brother had just designed a bunch of skateboard decks for is graphic design course. He actually used my fake website to show off his graphic productions for his final.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms