Halo Artifacts on Chess Pieces

Good morning! I’m working through the Blender course and am on the chessboard section. I’ve just done the roughness and lighting sections and noticed my white pieces have these weird halos around them in both the view mode and in the eeveee render. Any idea what’s causing these and what approaches I can take to solve them?

Thanks!

1 Like

Can you add a cycles render. That would define if it is an evee issue. It will give the next person more clues. I am not too good on evee issues.

1 Like

Can be camera blur … ? Or bloom ?

I seem to recall this same thing happening to somebody else’s chess set, but I don’t remember who.

edit: Found it. Doesn’t say if he ever resolved it though.

1 Like

I think it’s more how Eevee works with reflections.
Could be an option, to add more memory (detail) of the reflection. But at a cost of render time.

1 Like

Hi,

Thickness value in the screen space reflection settings is likely the issue.
Play with the value there and also check with the distance and bias in the lighting contact shadows as well.
I am pretty sure its the thickness but may be one of the others as well

Hope it helps

4 Likes

I was having this exact same problem. Changing the thickness in the Screen Space Reflection to a small value fixed the issue for me. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms