Gravity seems off

The physics element of gravity seems a little off. To illustrate, when I press on space for “thrust” and the “spaceship” moves up, when I then release space bar, it takes a good second to stop and go back down. Gravity just doesnt seem natural, seems like lower gravity, which means it takes the spaceship more time to stop and come down. It also comes down slowly, as if there was lower gravity. I went into the project settings and double checked my gravity value is -9.8. Anyone has any ideas?

Hi! Welcome to the community!

Don’t get too caught on the -9.8m/s, it doesn’t act as expected in Unity for whatever reason. If you want the gravity to act differently, there are two ways to do that… … … Ok there are way more ways than that, but the easier ones are the following:

• Changing the gravity value in your project settings to something that feels normal, I often set it to -20 or so. This affects all objects with a Rigibody with the gravity enabled.
  • Changing the Rigibody’s mass value. This will only affect the object with that component.

MassValue

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms