Graphic tablet

I have a Tab S 6 and have not been able to get it to work with my comptuer via usb and super display. I just get usb connection error and when looking it up online the only sugestion is to use wifi. I am not even going to bother with wifi as I allready suspect it will lag way to much. So I just want to know if anyone actually uses a tablet for sculpting / painting in blender and weather it is worth it or if it is just a useless novelty ???

1 Like

Graphics tablets for 3D work is def a step up, it optimises your work flow, especially when it comes to organic meshes and sculpting work, I prefer to use it. Hard-surface modelling not so much.

The beginning feels weird to use once you get the hang of it though it’s a joy.

I would recommend even looking up the best budget graphics tablets, you don’t need one with a digital
l display right away, you can use one without and look at your monitor.

If you are really into any type of art even photoshop its a worthwile investment. If you are just starting out, no harm in holding off.

3 Likes

LaniganDev gave good advice!

You can do everything in Blender with only the mouse.
Have a pen tablet is very useful for some parts of Blender usage.

It all depends where your focus lies in 3D modeling. Or even if you want to be a professional.
For example if you also like to draw 2D, and do most 3D work in sculpting, then you could invest in a pen tablet. As a Blender student, I would say stick to what you have.
Learn Blender first, see what you like to do most in Blender, then decide for better equipment.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms