GPU Compute Render Issue

I’m trying to render the basic cube scene, but when I set the render device to GPU Compute I get an error and the render does not complete.
If I render with the CPU it finishes without error.
I have already set the Compute Device in user preferences to OpenCL.

I’m using windows 10 and my graphics card is an AMD Radeon R7 250.

Thanks for any response, I’m very stuck!

What does the error say when it comes up? Maybe get a screenshot of it.

Frankly, this is quite a common problem - when the blender crashes with the graphics card, but draws with the render through the CPU, but she did not appear until the section with the rabbit)

Hey, thanks for your time.
When I run in debug mode I am able to get errors in the console.
Here is a screenshot.

I don’t know if this clears anything up or not.

Okay. I love how easy to read Blender’s code is. :smile: A few suggestions.

Make sure all the drivers for the graphics card are updated.
Have the latest version of Blender installed. If the latest version is installed, try installing an older version. Sometimes rolling back makes the problems go away.

Clear the cache if there is any. It should be found in {username}\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\cache. Hidden files may have to be turned on to get the AppData file to show up. Another way to track the cache would be to set the file for the cache to go to in Blender itself. File -> User Preferences -> File -> Render Cache.

If I were getting that error, I’d be deleting that file (OCL10272T1.cl) from the temp file in case it was corrupted and Blender kept trying to use it again instead of creating a new one. The temp file will also be found in AppData in the local file.

That’s all I can think of. Sorry if I can’t be of any further assistance.

Try looking for another OpenCL download and check that you have the latest drivers installed for your AMD gcard. There are various versions of OpenCL, some of them more stable than others (this is info I found while scouting for OpenCL myself).

I can´t remember where I found my OpenCL download but my AMD gcard works fine.
I think I used the official Radeon website to download the OpenCL file.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/OpenCL2-Driver.aspx

If that´s the same place you got it from, then maybe checking for driver updates for your gcard may fix the issue.

Hope that helps!

Privacy & Terms