Got it working, BUT getting some odd warnings and client freeze

I got it working in UE 5.0.3 on Windows, with a server and two clients, but every time a client connects, the server logs the following warning:

[2022.12.19-17.57.40:544][ 80]LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to join for session (GameSession)

And then when a player leaves, I see the following:

[2022.12.19-17.58.15:633][128]LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to leave for session (GameSession)

Additionally, when the last client tries to exit the server, via either Alt+F4 or Ctrl+C in the terminal, the client process freezes and I have to force close it with Task Manager.

I tried adding higher player count and more spawn points to map, and it didn’t change anything.

Here’s my server launch command:

"C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe" "C:\Users\andri\Workspace\UnrealTutorials\Multiplayer\Multiplayer01\Multiplayer01.uproject"  /Game/ThirdPerson/Maps/ThirdPersonMap?listen?bIsLanMatch=0 -server -log

Client Command:

"C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe" "C:\Users\andri\Workspace\UnrealTutorials\Multiplayer\Multiplayer01\Multiplayer01.uproject" <IPAddress> -game -log

Are you closing the server first or the client? If you close the server or rather the one hosting, this would cause the client to hang.

No, the server is still running.

Anything in the console when trying to exit? it could be there’s a variable that is no longer valid and causing the game to hang. the log may indicate such an issue.

I can’t seem to reproduce it. I think it was searching in the command window, which blocked execution.

Thanks!

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms