Global/local button not showing

At minute 7:07 tutorial advises to switch from ‘global’ to ‘local’ at the top of the screen. I don’t see any of these two buttons in my Unity (using version 2021.2.0f1) so I can’t change to local. I also don’t see the button labeled ‘Centre’ next to it on the left. Any suggestions?

I’m running 2021.2.1f1, but it looks like there’s been a change to the layout since the video was uploaded. Look for a small box with an orange circle either in the bottom-left corner, or the middle. That’s the pivot/centre icon. Next to it (on mine anyway), there’s a cube with an orange circle on the right-hand side. That’s the local/global settings (if it looks like a globe, then it’s global).

1 Like

Hi @neo.pop,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

If you still cannot find the two buttons, please take a look at the manual. Scroll down to “Gizmo handle position toggles”. That should hopefully help you find them. If not, please let us know.

See also:

Thank you both, I found it but was nearly ready to give up haha. It was actually hidden top left, right under the ‘Scene’ heading, and it had the icon @MrSleepless suggested but the location was different. Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms