Generic lose and win canvas

Hi! I’m really excited to communicate with this community. I have watched this 44&45 course of glitch garden and learned your way to make a win and lose canvas ( by creating them in hierarchy and set them activate and deactivate). In this term we should set LevelController script fields manually in every scene.
But why we don’t fill the LevelController script fields by prefabs and then Instantiate the win canvas or lose canvas?!
This is more generic and one time setup, and then we can just drop LevelController gameObject in every scene and use it!

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

It’s been a few years since I last checked the content of our archived course and don’t remember Glitch Garden well anymore. If you feel that prefabbing and instantiating the canvas game objects at runtime is an equally good or even better solution than the one shown in the course, you may do that in your game.

I don’t know the reason why the instructor (Ben?) did it the way he did it, and he probably doesn’t remember either anymore. In many cases, there are multiple ways to make something work in Unity, and our instructors cannot show all of them. Sometimes, it’s just a matter of personal taste. Sometimes, they want to apply what they taught earlier or want to teach something while showing how to implement the idea.

In the end, this course was supposed to show you a variety of techniques how to approach and solve typical problems in game development with Unity.

I hope this helped. :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms