Gameplay automatically Pauses

OK so I’m midway through Implementing Brian’s brand new RPG and Third Person Integration project into my main project, and I noticed something I didn’t even notice in my prototype (for reference, this issue was there from the start of my PERSONAL PROJECT implementation, and I’m about to enter the attacking states…)

For god knows what reason, when my game starts or any sort of raycast action occurs, my game automatically pauses (using the gameplay pause button) in the unity engine itself (issue does not persist to the main game, but I’m obviously dealing with a plethora of bugs that remain after we have deleted the raycasting system from the game… so now I can’t craft, woodcut or do any of these actions easily anymore…). Whenever I get attacked by an NPC, it automatically pauses me. Whenever I try pick an item up, it pauses me…

How do I stop the engine from automatically pausing? When I was implementing that course into the RPG Master copy, that issue wasn’t there…

This is likely caused by prematurely introducing the system into your personal game before the tutorial is finished… If onliy somebody had warned repeatedly against doing this before it was finished.… Every IRaycastable based setup will need to be rejiggered to be a RangeFinder or WindowController (or both) based class.

Honestly, I only started early because I wanted to prototype with other external concepts (unless you’re okay with designing a construction system from the ground up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), and they require a proper third person setup to allign with my end goal (it’s real, not making this up)

Since I started though, I’ll try finish it off. If it doesn’t work, HOPEFULLY my older unity packages don’t fail me :cold_face:

It’s likely because your console is set to pause on error. I have this ‘on’ because I don’t want errors to just go around unchecked. If there’s an error I want my game to freeze so I can know and fix it.

yup, that’s exactly why it was self-pausing. Thank you @bixarrio :slight_smile:

With the new system coming in, I literally have a plethora of errors right now to fix… (not runtime or syntax errors, but logic errors… the logic is flawed for many systems now)

Largely because the two systems are inherently incompatible, meaning there are adjustments to be made on both sides of the code.

Welp, I’ll be going through them all one by one

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms