Game Objects Disappearing and Reappearing at Random

Hi all,

My tiny brain cannot even begin to comprehend what is happening with my block breaker game. Every time I start the game over after losing, game objects randomly disappear. When I start over again, sometimes some disappeared objects will reappear and others that had been there are gone. Sometimes everything disappears, except for the background. The score also stops counting. I really have no idea what’s going on. I created a video illustrating this problem, but cannot upload it because the format is not supported on this site. So… Here are some annotated photos of what it looks like when I restart the game.

Hi Jackie,

This looks like the the infamous z-fighting effect. Is the z-position of the background set to 10, the z-position of the camera to -10 and the z-position of the other game objects to 0?

See also:

1 Like

You are brilliant, Nina! I had set the background scale to 10, not position! I changed it and everything except for the score is working now. But, I am confident that if I review my script, I´ll find the culprit for that. Thanks so much!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms