Game objects disappear after publishing to an app store?

When I publish my iOS/Android app, a transparent game object overlaps other 2D game objects

I made a 2D space-shooter-type game and published it to the iOS App Store.

When I was testing the app on older devices, I found that certain areas of the screen would make all objects disappear when moving to that area (see screenshots). So certain areas of the game had these transparent “walls” that all objects would get hidden by.

On my iPad Mini 2, this transparent wall displayed in the bottom right corner. On my LG Nexus 5, it displayed in the top left corner diagonally.

This only appeared after I published the applications. It doesn’t display at all in the Unity platform, and doesn’t display when I play the game via Unity Remote. Has anyone come across something like this before? And is there a work-around? Thanks!

Hi,

This looks like the infamous z-fighting effect. Is the z-position of the background set to 10, the z-position of the camera to -10 and the z-position of the other game objects to 0?

See also:

1 Like

Nina, you are a genius!

That was exactly the problem. My background was set to 0 on the z axis, causing the problem. Changing the background to 10 and re-uploading the build fixed it! (My camera was already -10 and game objects set to 0).

Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms