Full body of Rocket is not subjected to gravity

Hi there,
I have this strange problem, when the rocket touches the ground, the tip of the rocket would never touch the ground. Why? the rocket has rigid body then why only would the base touch the ground and not the tip?
Given are the screenshots!
Anyone has any idea, what is the problem in here?

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Does the rocket get stuck like that? Or could this be the same problem as here?

I suspect it has something to do with the colliders.

No it does not get stuck or anything, but when i leave it be it falls on the ground due to gravity but the rocket only touches the base with the ground and it stops like that in the picture.

Can you help me with this?

Select the rocket and disable the Mesh Renderer, check for any green outline
That is the object’s Collider, which is the actual thing that collides or simplier “touches” anything in the scene that also has a collider.

You could try to increase the mass in the Rigidbody component of your rocket.

when i select on the rocketship as a whole, there is no mesh renderer.

i tried increasing mass but no change.

i disabled sphere collider for the tip, now the rocket body touches the ground but the tip would dip in the surface also the launchpad.

So the collider was indeed the issue. Its shape does not match the tip’s shape, it is bigger, so it seems like your rocket is just floating. You must adjust its shape so your rocket will have the right collisions. A quick Google search on how to do that should help you out, unless someone here can answer that for you :slight_smile:

Thank you @Michael_Marinis_GR for your time.
I got the concept of it and now everything is cleared for me.

1 Like

Cheers! Welcome to the community

1 Like

Does that mean the issue is fixed? :slight_smile:

See also:

1 Like

Yes @Nina the issue is resolved.
THANK YOU for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms