Free Unity Development Books on Packt!

https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning

Packt publishes a ton of technology books, they also give one away in PDF form every day. This week appears to be all Unity themed books, so if you’re interested in some free high-quality Unity guides it’s worth making an account and grabbing them.

I’m sure they don’t compare to the awesome Udemy courses but always good to supplement and reinforce your knowledge!

5 Likes

Its actually Mastering Unity 2D Game Development now joemagiv. Spot on thanks for the freebie!

1 Like

Its a great book, worked through it last year.
And if you have a few quid burning a hole in your pocket Simons other book , mastering the UI is another brill guide and reference.

2 Likes

Having more resources is a good thing. Especially if its a freebies. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Awhh man, I have to create an account? Whatever, it’s for free books?

Can you grab more than one?

Edit: I’m stupid, carry on.

1 Like

You can grab a free one every day. The subject matter seems to change weekly. You just need to give them your email address and expect the odd email from them. Or, don’t use your email address, and never hear from them again, you still need to be logged in to get the freebie book though. It adds it to your online account but you can download them as PDF etc.

1 Like

This is awesome, Thanks for sharing!

Rich

1 Like

Hi Rich (@Emicarn), you are more than welcome.

I am pretty sure they’ll be giving away a free Unity related eBook each day this week, same URL, so for the cost of signing up and your email address it could be worth it. Obviously none of this is linked directly with the courses Ben offers but there may well be some useful info to take things you have already learnt/seen further again - who knows - but we all like free :slight_smile:

@Battlefrog - love the edit… hehe :slight_smile:

Hey to add…

they are doing a survery from the home page I just did. Gets you a 75% discount code for any one item.

might be worth doing.

Rich

Just a minor note, I subscribed previously with them for a free trial of the PacktLib, from memory I bought a book, PacktLib effectively gives access to all of their books online. There was however no mention on any of the web pages or the email that I received that stated they would set up an automated re-occurring payment. It was only when I received the email from the payment handling company that I became aware of it. I felt at the time that that was a little bit sneaky and in many case may lead to people always paying at least one months of fees before being able to cancel. My point is merely to be careful if you enter any payment details and to check for re-occurring payments.

HTH

2 Likes

Its not just you Broc (Battlefrog) I also didn’t realise its a free book each day! :smirk:

RESULT!

TBH, I much prefer video lessons or searching online but as zimethsuki said more resource is always good. Great to have such a big free unity book library to draw upon if needed. Packt sent me a discount email this morning for a load of other Unity books that they will be giving away soon on the ‘daily freebie’. Good job I realised they were on the list to be free soon! That saved £50! :grin: Some days I am just a little slow to catch on.

Now, lets get Unity fired up …

well there you go then, I mention Simons Unity UI book and now its the free book of the day on PackT.

so grab it! you have 12 hours left, its a good one!

https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning

Oh and its Unity Week there so all this weeks books are Unity related.

2 Likes

As the books were given away for free is it legal to share them between us?

I have Mastering Unity 2D Development
Unity 3D UI Essentials
…so far

I missed the first 2. Would be nice to get them if someone has them. If its legit to share the books I would be happy to stick them on my google drive for everyone here.

1 Like

Edit: Thx @Rob for telling us about the disclaimer. I’ll take down the link.

Original Post: I would believe so. I have the Android one as I missed the very first one. I’ll put it on my Google Drive. If a lawyer comes knocking on my inbox I’ll take it down and tell you guys

1 Like

@Rob
You should always be careful when having to put in your credit card for a free trial.

Maybe they’ve changed, but the past few times I’ve been on their site and gotten the popup for their free trial, in the fine print of the popup, it does state that after the trial period you’ll be converted to a paid membership.

Also, I have a visa gift card that has like a dollar and a few cents left on it that I keep around for signing up for those free trials, as I’m horrible at remembering to cancel things.

I’ve put them on my google drive for personal archive, feel free to take it if you interested.

I share it under assumption ‘because they already give them away as free materials’ just like @Paul_Land did . So as you’ve said, I will take it down later if they throwing angry mails at me.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bz6JcSBHsvSVVk5GM0NUSE4zRXc

oh, and the link are private use only. please don’t share it outside this forum. :wink:

I believe PacktPub tag your name and address onto books in your account. Or they used to anyway.

It is almost too much to hope they do unreal books for next week isn’t it.

I believe last time they released some Unity ones I was going to share them myself also, to be helpful etc, pretty sure the opening page (s) of each doc explicitly say that they should only be distributed by them, thus I didn’t in the end.

Privacy & Terms