Free Unity Development Books on Packt!

@chris.claus42 they have definitely updated the site since I encountered the issue, I did report back to them in my leaving message that I didn’t think it was appropriate to not mention this up front. If that has now been changed that’s a good thing and at least no one gets stung. My comments obviously do not reflect the quality of their service or materials, it was just a minor issue I had some time ago which I felt wasn’t quite right, sounds like it’s sorted now.

Is it this part?

“No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of the publisher”

I tend to skip few of the first page and go directly to Table of Content, so seems i skipped that part.

thanks for the heads up, will take down the links after i got home later.

1 Like

hehe, that’ll be the bit yeah :wink:

I was going to do exactly the same as yourself some months ago, but when I checked and saw that I felt kinda bad, as if I would be reducing the value of the authors work etc, whilst it’s given away for free via PacktPub, it is only for the day, where-as once we all start sharing them, they are free for ever…

:innocent: on shoulder
I think I will follow your advice Rob and not post any to share. They are not massively expensive when they are on offer if I need a particular one that I am missing.

:smiling_imp: on shoulder
. . . sits in underground lair rubbing hands plotting . . .

1 Like

LOL @Paul_Land

. . . and today’s book is . . .

Learning Unity Physics :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Man if they give away the Unity 5.x Cookbook I’ll freak.

Just got home. As @Rob adviced, I’ve taken down the link due to packt’s disclaimer.

:wink:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out! I hadn’t heard of Packt before…

I’ve been popping in there each day since you shared this, and now I’ve got a small library of Unity training books! Awesome! I admit, I did use the 75% off coupon and got the UI Cookbook for $10. Hope it turns out to be worth it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its come back around. So if you missed Mastering Uniry 2D Game Development by Simon Jackson the last time around.
Grab it now :slight_smile:

https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning

Privacy & Terms