FizzySteamWorks ignores other scripts in project

Hi,

I’m using the current latest Mirror v53.0.0 and FizzySteamWorks v5.0.1.

Fizzy didn’t have Steamworks.net in the Unity Import Package, so I downloaded the latest version from https://github.com/rlabrecque/Steamworks.NET/releases, version 15.0.1.

Fizzy is throwing a bunch of compile errors. The scripts from Fizzy have not been able to find/recognize the steam scripts. “using Steamworks;” will not work in a Fizzy imported script. Additionally, testing in Visual Studio has revealed it can’t even find any of the scripts created throughout the Unity Multiplayer course. But the opposite is not true. For example I can add “using Mirror.FizzySteam;” to my GameOverHandler script, and it works fine. I can also add “using Steamworks;” to it just fine.

Since Fizzy can’t see the other scripts I could not for example call RTSPlayer.GetStaticReference(). At the very least Fizzy scripts are able to see other Fizzy scrips, and use UnityEngine namespaces, etc.

So far I’ve tried:

• Restarting Unity, Visual Studio, and my computer.
  • Moving the Fizzy scripts from “Assets\Mirror\Runtime\Transport\FizzySteamworks” to “Assets\Scripts\Fizzy Mirror”
  • Renaming Fizzy Files

I am using Unity 2021.2.1f1

Hi there,
I recommend using the version of FizzySteamworks that the instructor uses in the course.

SOLUTION
The default FizzySteamWorks v5.0.1 has an item called an “assembly definition”. Read more about them here: Unity - Manual: Assembly definitions

TLDR is that they separate code from other code in your project, resulting in faster compile times. However, it was making Fizzy scripts not see my other scripts.

To fix I deleted the “FizzySteamworks.asmdef” file. Maybe don’t import it to begin with…

Took me going to bed, and waking up in the morning to find a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms