FindGameObjectWithTag

I was wondering why we wont go for FindGameObjectWithTag, I did so before checking the video further.

Hi,

In many cases, there are multiple ways to make something work in Unity, and Gary cannot show all of them. If your code works, it’s a solution by definition. :slight_smile:

See also:

Fair enough :slight_smile:

I was simply wondering if perhaps later on the tag system would break something where the type finder would not. But if that’s not the case, I will continue using the tag.

Generally, we are no clairvoyants. If we implement a solution for our current problem, we rarely know if our solution will break any future problems. For this reason, we do not worry about potential future problems unless we know about those problems. And if our current solution causes problems in the future, we would simply fix the problem in the future once we encountered it. That’s why it is called “development”, not “typing perfect solutions at the first onset”. :slight_smile:

If you did not accidentally solve your problem but know why you did something, you will usually be able to fix future problems that are caused by your current solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms