Finally got the text101 game published

Here is the link (I don’t know how that ‘-’ got added at the end, it belongs there since itch.io wouldn’t let me delete it).

Well, I have found the Unity 5 rich text renderer has some issues—the game “should” still be playable, just doesn’t look right in some random places. Edit: sadly, upgrading to the latest Unity 5.4.0f3 and reimporting the project didn’t fix it.

Wow, this is absolutely awesome! Here I thought MY text project was all out, until I saw YOURS! :slight_smile: (It should be published soon after I iron out a few bugs. :P)

I am particularly impressed at how you used the varying text colors within the same window to great effect. From what I played, I was able to understand exactly what was going on at any given time. Felt like playing Duke3D!

Seriously, way to go. :slight_smile:

EDIT: By chance, did you use different GUI elements for all that? Or is it possible to actually change the text color for only certain parts of text?

You can check the “rich text” mode on the text box, and then use tags like <color=red>....text...</color>. But it’s buggy–sometimes the tags don’t get parsed for some reason.

Privacy & Terms