Final bowling scene

What the ???.. I got to this link from Section 3… obviously this is where we post things from Section 9 or 13 or something… wow… don’t know if I want to post my pic anymore… I’ll feel embarrassed… oh well, I got this far… what did mine even look like again?

Here is mine.

Just your basic surprised-looking bowling ball.

2 Likes

Just a simple scene

1 Like

I sadly skipped the challenges because time was short here and much was needed to be done. But since I had more free time now, I made sure to make a nice picture, with a nice strike. If It looks odd to a few, I made sure that the pins were demolished in this strike. A bowling ball thrown, probably by someone really strong.

1 Like

So here is my final scene. Played around with some uv wrapping. I like the way the ball came out but the flames on the pins look sort of pressed on like stickers. I tried to match the pins color with them but it didnt quite work. Still have a long way to go with understanding textures and lighting as well. I tried to make some long shadows off the pins but … well you see. There is some really cool and very detailed work here. Some very good talent. Keep it up. See you in the next lecture. :wink:

1 Like

So here is my result, so far only learned how to add textures for cycles using nodes so it is fairly simple :slight_smile:

BowlingAlley_01

6 Likes

That is beautiful! Now I am inspired to learn how to make my stuff look that good.

2 Likes

I am loving this course! Did the whole section 3 from start to end today.
Here is my scene:

This is the second time in my life I’ve had to place bowling pins. The first was on the Unity course.
Wonder if I’ll have to do it again in the future… (I hope not)

1 Like

Jaw Dropped.

1 Like

Thanks!
Your transparent pins look really funky!
You’ve probably learnt a lot now about texturing, but in case you want to look at the tutorials I learnt from, I would recommend finding “Blender Guru” on YouTube, and checking out his “How to make photorealistic materials” and “How to Use Blender’s New “Ultimate” Shader: The Principled BSDF”

1 Like

I managed to figure out how to render and save an animation in Blender. Cool stuff! Can’t wait to learn more!

5 Likes

My final scene, the ball has just hit the first pins.

4 Likes

Getting a bit of light in the rendered scene was the hardest part.

5 Likes

my scene

3 Likes

8 Likes

love the flat black look with the strip, looks sharp :+1:

1 Like

Here is mine. I haven’t been bowling in a long time but this was about as good as I got :smile:

5 Likes

3 Likes

My Final bowling scene. Really happy with how it turned out, can’t wait to get into learning more about textures and rendering. Seeing some really cool looking shots in this thread.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms