Final bowling scene

3 Likes

These are my final renders… I used cycles . and well I am happy with the course :wink:

21 Likes

That is amazing! Good job :smiley: Can’t wait to learn all the funky texture stuff

4 Likes

A lot of really cool renders here! Here is what I came up with.

6 Likes

Final scene_ S03

15 Likes

Just got to the lighting lecture of Section 5 where you learn Cycles, tried my bowling scene again with that. It could probably do with a few more samples but I’m loving what it can do :smiley:

31 Likes

Here are my results. Really wanted to rotate the bowling ball so that the finger holes were seen better by the viewer, but couldn’t figure that out. And obviously, haven’t figured out the lamp.

1 Like

woow looks really well done!! how many samples???

I like the colors, and materials… quite matte or something , It looks really good!

That was 1000 samples :slight_smile:

Ok ok, just one more…this time 10000 samples and I figured out how to make the ball have a diffuse and a glossy shader :smiley:

30 Likes

Okay, i am not sure how the physics in bowling work, so lets just say the ball send the pin flying, which resulted in the back getting knocked down before the ball got there

1 Like

Here is my bowling alley…will it be a strike?!

2 Likes

I forgot I was dual screening so ignore that right half lol thats just the video.

1 Like

It seems I’m not very good at bowling :blush:

7 Likes

How long did it take to render with 10000 samples? Looks brilliant!

Here’s my final scene. I feel like I didn’t take the leanest approach, given the size of the scene compared to the render. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

If I remember correctly it took 1h17m using GPU 480x270 tiles :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my god. 10000 samples?! My Notebook would melt down if I tried that.
I like to fiddle with the shaders too though and made my bowling ball look like this:

(a little over 200 samples)

That’s a Mix of a glossy shader and a diffuse shader, which gets its color from a magic texture, mixed with a lime color:

13 Likes

Nice! I was wondering how to use the magic texture :smiley: I only did the high samples because the glass shader causes loads of noise and my initial 1-2k samples weren’t getting rid of it. This looks just as awesome at 200 :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms