Feedback for Section: "Sculpted Details"

Lectures include:

1. Sculpting Details - Introduction to detail sculpting

2. Sculpted the Beams Part 1 - Grant welcomes you to the course and shows you some of the things you’ll be creating.

3. Sculpted the Beams Part 2 - Sculpting the longer beam and looking at the stabilize stroke option

4. Unwrapping the Beams - Sculpting the longer beam and looking at the stabilize stroke option

5. Baking a normal map - Learn how to bake a normal map from our high poly sculpt

6. Ray Distance - Learn about ray distance to for your normal map baking

7. Baking a Cavity Texture - Learn baking out a cavity texture for more detail when texture painting

8. Connecting the Cavity texture - Using the cavity texture to effect our colour that we will eventually paint

9. Painting The Wood Texture - Using the texture painting tools we paint the wood texture

10. The Beams Roughness - Completing the beam material and textures by finishing the colour and roughness

11. Adapting The Beams - Completing the beam material and textures by finishing the colour and roughness

Jump in and leave feedback.

“press escape” to get out of a tool accidentally selected.

The one I keep accidentally selecting is “W” which turns the cursor into a circle. Escape won’t undo that one, and it took me a while to figure it out.

Just press W again to restore the cursor.

Of course, to figure that out, first I had to figure out it was W I was pressing in the first place!

3 Likes

at the 48 second mark the “texture slots” box has been moved to the top center of the screen in a small drop down menu in 4.0.1 ill link to a better description. #115331 - 4.0.1 - Texture Paint - Properties - Tool - Missing Texture Slots and Masking Dropdown Menus - blender - Blender Projects

at the 4:51 mark the “stretching” seems to be from the twist we added in the wood giving just enough of a face on the other side at a really shallow angle that were giving that smear. the only solution I can think of is to mask each area before painting with the sanicle

1 Like

Privacy & Terms