Extra VS Code Settings for Windows

Try to change the font size to default and save your project. Nevertheless, if it still doesn’t work, try this code that worked for me.
{
“terminal.integrated.shell.windows”: “C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe”,
“terminal.integrated.shellArgs.windows”: [
“/k”, “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.bat”
]
}

This solved my problem, thank you <3

This worked for me with W10 en VS 2019

{ “terminal.integrated.shell.windows”: “cmd.exe”,
“/k”, “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.bat”
]
}

So I’ve just started the course and installed Visual Studio Code. I’ve tried everything above but whenever I type “cl”, I get this:

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey Miguel I have tried repeating the same method that had used to get rid of the error. But it still is not working. Any thought?

Can you please break down a step by step of what you did to get rid of this error

thank you, this was very helpful. I was reading a lot of these and yours made the most sense. Thanks again

For people who installed their Visual Studio in D drive, you have to:

1. Go to edit system environment variable, add Visual Studio path to the system, in my case (D:\Visual Studio)

2. Write this into your setting.json

{
“terminal.integrated.shell.windows”: “cmd.exe”,
“/k”, “D:\Visual Studio\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.bat”
],
“terminal.integrated.cwd”: “D:\Visual Studio”
}

Thanks dude

Where can i find “edit system environment variable”?

You just have to type it in search bar.

I had the issue that cl was not recognized, as a commented before. I fxed it by checking that the file path was the same one as in the settings.json, if not I replaced it with the real one. Then it’s very important to SAVE your work and afterwards it should be working

Never mind i also got it work. Make sure that you download the right version of all these platforms so they are compatible. People with older computer and laptops may come across this issue.

At first i was using my dads computer, until i fixed my recently released one and it ended up working.
NOTE: Pay attention to the versions you update and make sure you download the right one!

what can i do

hi, i was having a problem to set it up and it was just to save the file :v:

when i type in cl it says is not recognized as an internal or external command.
can someone help me with this?

oh and just to point out (cl) works in the DEV CMD but not in visual studio code.

wow. first win for me in coding.
I had to change \BuildTools\ to \Community\ in mine.
Just make sure that whatever it says in the properties, its the same in the lne that you save in the json file or the cl command wont work…
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.bat”

Thank you!

Thank you, this helped fix the problem.

Privacy & Terms