Everything works except for when nothing spawns when the other person joins

There is a problem where whenever another person joins the game, it works like they are in the lobby and when I press start game, they start the game as well like at the same time so we are connected but their base doesn’t spawn in but the host can. I also am not sure on how to make the other person install the game, I just used a USB to transfer the game over at their computer. I would really love some help, thank you

Doubt anyone is going to be able to help you without details… but it sounds like you’re not spawning the second player when they join.

Have you made sure your code matches the code in the lecture?

1 Like

yes all the code is the same I copied it from the Github when it wasn’t working but yea I am trying to find out why nothing spawns in the client

but does the other client need the new build when I change some code? I kept giving him the new build when I changed some code using a usb but is there another that I don’t know about?

Most of the time yes, sometimes no. If you only changed server code, then it might not matter if you update the client.

If you don’t update clients versions, a class/method can get called and execute different code from what you expected.

1 Like

thanks for the help, I will try to see how I can make the second player (client) join, I copied every code but do you know what might cause the issue, maybe what other people be having problems with?

I just copied the rest of the code and now my game is now broken lol just wasted 11 hrs, great just what I wanted from a course I paid for

The prime issue people have is not knowing what they don’t know, so they’re not able to ask questions which enable others to be able to help. Knowing that isn’t going to help you in this circumstance.

If everything is from github, then I’m at a loss of what to suggest. If I remember right, last time I ran it from the source zip, it worked fine. If you only replaced some of the code, it could be hooked up incorrectly/missing.

Like me, most of us here are just customers helping others out as part of our learning journey. Networking is a bit of an intermediate level subject. It’s not the easiest thing to figure out the first time through. Sometimes starting back from scratch helps if the subject hasn’t quite sunk in yet.

yea man ur actually right I am going to come back to this course once I am feeling up to it and when do more research about unity itself, my bad

1 Like

I am going to do another course meanwhile, but thanks for the help

No worries. Sorry I couldn’t help with the solution. I hope you get there in the end.

1 Like

Hi there, sorry you are having trouble. While you are still trying to get the game to work, I recommend doing your testing with an the editor and with another build on the same computer. This way you can debug in the editor.

Let me know if you still would like to try and figure this out.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms