Everyone post your merged models here!

I screwed up the periscope. But it’s close I guess. I’ve got 12 vertices now :smiley:

I removed the vertices and got it down to 12, but I see a lot of others have gotten it down to 8 by removing the cube edges. Not sure which one to go for, so I’m just going to leave mine at 12.

Down to 12 vertices. :nerd:

Got it down to the least number of vertices while still maintaining its shape: eight (8).

I like seeing others work and how people have come up with different solutions. It’s really nice seeing other perspectives on how to do things :smiley: Here’s my 8 vert. para-scope

!

I assumed the origin of the periscope should be at (0,0,0) so I shifted the mesh in edit mode accordingly.

Verts: 8 | Faces: 6

Got it to 8!

I don’t really know if this is the optimal way, it looks better than what you got leaving the diagonal face that forms inside the periscope there, but the moment you remove that face you have to make the sides again, which is extra work.

i guess sometimes render helps with wrong textures

screwed up the periscope like 4 times before i got the hang of it. 20 vertices to 11. whew

merged vertices

all i did was edit the cube. grabed opposite sides and pulled them up/down. i also did a version that followed the video, but this seemed easier to make the shape to me.

Privacy & Terms