Error when updating a project to latest version

So I am getting an error like the one here :slight_smile:

I Googled furiously and the solution here, as well as others I found online, are not working. I removed the Analytics package.

No cloud project ID was found by the Analytics SDK. This means Analytics events will not be sent. Please make sure to link your cloud project in the Unity editor to fix this problem.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Unity.Services.Analytics.AnalyticsServiceInstance:.ctor () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.analytics@4.2.0/Runtime/AnalyticsServiceInstance.cs:55)
Unity.Services.Analytics.AnalyticsService:.cctor () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.analytics@4.2.0/Runtime/AnalyticsService.cs:7)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent<Unity.Services.Analytics.AnalyticsLifetime> ()
Unity.Services.Analytics.ContainerObject:Initialize () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.analytics@4.2.0/Runtime/Runtime/AnalyticsLifetime.cs:88)

Hi,

In which course and lecture are you? If the Analytics package required for the course? If not, feel free to remove it. New Unity projects come with a lot of preinstalled packages, and we don’t need all of them.

See also:

RPG Combat Course, Waypoints. I removed the Package, no change.

Should I just use the 2018 version for the tutorial?

You can use any version 2018 or greater for the course, although there are some minor differences in what you’ll see between the video and how your Unity will use. I do not recommend using Unity 2022.2 or later, however, as there are some significant changes in the NavMesh system that at this stage would be difficult to walk you through.

The Analytics package is not required for the course, nor is it covered within the course. Feel free to remove the package altogether.

I removed the package and I still get the error. That’s why I am asking.

You have the most interesting errors…

Is it stopping the game from compiling/running? (it shoudln’t be). If not, I would ignore it.

It is. I can’t run anything. I tried with another commit, same issue.

I guess I don’t understand what you’re doing… Are you upgrading the course project? Are you starting your own project? I can’t figure out how a package that is removed from your project could still be throwing a breaking error (especially when it’s normally not a breaking error).

I would recommend taking this issue to the Unity Forums - Analytics. Be sure to mention that you are getting this error despite removing the Analytics package.

I’m restarting the RPG project from previous commits so I can solidify my knowledge and not bug you guys here all the time. :slight_smile: I can’t remember exactly where I left off so I restarted around the waypoints section.

I’m certain that I removed the Analytics package via Package Manager. I do Google and Reddit before I come here because I respect your time. I apologize for being spammy before.

Privacy & Terms