Different player prefab in online game?

Hi, I was trying to create a game mode that lets me have some players on one side, and a game director in the other, which is going to send enemies to the rest of the players.

As far as we saw in the course, all the players are a replica of the player pawn setted in the game mode, so how could we make a diferent player spawn?

That is actually a great question and I hadn’t considered that myself. I would imagine one way would be to have to have settings on your player character to handle this. I suspect it would involve changes to the game mode which may also be another way and on spawning of the character, could create the right character.

This might be a question you’d get an answer for on the discord. I am sure someone else will have done this.

Thanks, I will try to ask about it on discord. By the way I saw you answered my post about steam subsystem, but as I was on vacation I couldnt answer before the thread being closed. Thank you so much, the error was coming from UE not finding the map I was trying to load. I changed the directory of all the maps in my project but not in my project settings.

I had another question about how online subsystem works. Is there a way to search for LAN games that are created in our network without knowing the hosts IP?

I am unaware of any way to do this on a local lan setup. You need to know the server name (ie local pc address) to do this.

I could be wrong but basically trying to find running servers would potentially trigger intrusion detection.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms