DialogueTrigger

I have some issue with DialgueTrigger 'cause during the debug I realize that the second event (childed gameObject) is never get raised, and always runs the same which is “GiveQuest”

while the second trigger never the raised, as I said

All of the DialogueTriggers need to be on the same GameObject as the AIConversant. You can put the QuestGiver and QuestCompletion on other GameObjects (since you’ll be linkinng them in the DialogueTrigger directly) but you can’t put the DialogueTriggers on child objects or they won’t get called.
You only need to put QuestGivers and QuestCompletions on the child objects if you have two or more of the same kind (i.e. two QuestGivers or two QuestCompletions).

1 Like

I solved the problem, which by the way was also related to the fact that QuestCompletion uses the Objective ID instead of the text, it’s quite confusing, but I will solve it with an int to avoid further problems during the design phase. Thank you again :slight_smile:

QuestCompletion is a class that would be a good candidate for writing a custom Editor, which would then let you choose the Quest and Objective to fulfill from a drop down menu.

Yep, Quest SO sits in a resource folder so it is possible to populate a drop-down menu to choose the quest and once selected, populate a a second drop-down menu with all objectives inside :thinking:

Actually, with Editor code, it doesn’t even have to be in a Resources folder.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms