Cyber Girl Tilevania Project

CyberGirlAnimMainMenuFinished

All bugs i know of have been fixed. Game is much better now.

Now on Itch too

Trailer

7 Likes

Great music! Did you did you do the art yourself?

1 Like

thanks Alchemist ! yes all the art and music i did myself.

2 Likes

Nice, well done. Your artstyle looks good.
I like the fact you did everything yourself, i stick to only programming lol.

Dont get me wrong, not saying your game feels bad or anything;
You might want to check a bit on “Ledge Forgiveness”
(if youre interesting in making your jumping feel a bit nicer anyways)
It improves the gameplay feel of a platformer alot.

And idk if the gaps in your tiles were meant? If so nevermind the next bit;
I had this problem in a project once, this guy helped me solve it;

2 Likes

The gaps only appear in web gl on my imac on small screen setting i noticed. Not sure why this happens. I actually spent long time adjusting sprites to avoid this but thats web gl for ya ! Thanks for mentioning this. I will make a few adjustments.

Video is great watching it now. I will definatly use this and update game thanks

This is really good. It’s insanely hard for me, but I feel I could do better with a controller instead of the keyboard input.

I wish the L Mouse was the shoot button, at the very least. The X button is awkward for me.

That said, I really like the art, the music, and the overall style of the game. I really think you’re onto something here!

Good Jorb Homestar!

goodjorb

1 Like

Well i watched the video and the solution. It would take so long to do and am not sure i want to invest anymore time on this game as need to move forward with the Term Based Strategy Course. However, i would certainly implement this method if i were to make tile sets again for another project.

I just had another look. From what i can see there are only gaps on the platform tiles in which i used rule tile. The gaps go away on full screen. See what i can do.

Yeh i tested my controller with game and nothing happened i need to look into this. Im not sure about using Mouse and Keys. I found X to be easy but maybe thats just me. Something else i need to look into. Thanks for the feedback.

I understand that the game is not set up to use a controller, but give me a couple of minutes and I’ll come back with the Mouse Input screen grab. I just reloaded my OS and installed Hub, but I forgot to install an editor.

At any rate, of course, the mouse button controls are in the…hmmm…in the Input Manager, that’s what it’s called! Just like the Horizontal and vertical, you’ll see some things in there called Fire1, Fire2, and Fire3 which correspond to the Mouse button inputs.

To be specific, do you recall how there are two (2) different listings for Horizintal and Vertical in that list? It may be the same with mouse button inputs. I can’t remember…but I’ll find it and send a screen grab.

1 Like

I would like game to have the option of using a controller. Its all a learning process.

1 Like

Of course! That makes sense, but I’m personally not asking you to change your game up too much.

The mouse input is very easy and you’ll have no trouble at all implementing the mouse buttons. It’s basically the same as using “Fire1” instead of “Horizontal” in your code. You’ll see what I mean.

I dont personally like using the mouse to shoot and use keys at the same time but everyones different. I think i would prefere to just add the extra option of a controller.

Nothing wrong with that. I haven’t put a controller in a game for a while, so I forget if it is easy or difficult.

Also, I don’t want to make is sound like I’m telling you how to make your game. The mouse button is just the easiest thing I can think of that would make it a little more accessible, but you’re free to do it however you like.

For me, shooting with X and jumping with Space is difficult. They are too close to each other for me and I kept hitting the wrong buttons. I tried using the arrow keys, too, but everything felt backwards.

In this pic, you’ll see that Fire1 and Fire2 correspond to Mouse 0 and Mouse 1.

There is also a Fire3 which goes to Mouse 2. I don’t remember which is which, but it’s easy to figure out.

I think more players would enjoy the controller input. I probably would have been able to play longer with a controller.

Your game is still great, and I was very happy to check it out!

1 Like

I think the best solution is to have player preferences for game controls. Plus the choice of a controller. I got lots to learn. This project is just the tip of the iceburg

1 Like

Indeed! We all have lots to learn.

The most important thing thought is that you’ve got a great game started. I don’t know how much is there because I could only get to the second terminal, but I like what I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

thanks yeh game is ok i learnt a lot and feedback really helps. I think though i really need to move forward now.

1 Like

I changed Fire from X to K which should make it much easier for you.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll give it a shot. Thank you!

rule tiles were 32 pixel forgot to change them the background tiles are 31.8 pixel to remove lines should be ok now.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms