Creating a Cinemachine Cut Scene Sequence

Fists won’t be enough for this tough guy ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Awesome Job! Loved the Title reveal !

Here is my cutscene reveal, enjoy!

Made it this far, so here’s my intro sequence.

1 Like

Hello. Around the minute 13:20 of the video lesson, Rick records the PathPosition from 0 to 1 for the Dolly. I’m trying the same steps, but even if it shows “recording”, and I click properly where I should, nothing is recorded.

The version of the “cine.machine” is 2.6.3, and in Unity I have version 2020.3.24f1 (the latest, I always update Unity).

Attached a video gif so you can see it.

Thanks.

Lesson 64

Well Brian helped me with this on Udemy, and this is the answer if anyone else has the same issue. Thanks again, Brian!

1 Like
2 Likes

Note: Player seemingly accepts input even when in cinematic, fix later

Here is mine.

Image On Imgur

Here’s my work.
Intro sequence

I wanted to show player the village and boss instead of “normal” enemies.

Been having a good time learning and reinforcing things i already knew. I love the Synty studios assets (something about the art style really speaks to me), I’ve grabbed some over my time with Unity (they currently have a really good selection on HumbleBundle).

Anyway here’s my Sandbox cinematic moment. Theme being the town your in is being raided by goblins and you need to escape.

1 Like

Damn, I’m loving Cinemachine. Here’s my attempt.

1 Like

Here’s my intro cinematic. I’m mostly happy with it, but I might tweak the return to the player follow camera later. Maybe swap it to another dolly camera from the last waypoint on the boss dolly camera’s track to the follow camera start position just to smooth out that return flight to the beginning?

2 Likes

I’m liking the spiders!

Tough boss fight! Nicely done!

Why those crates are lit from wrong side?

My dolly track cam is setup, but I did not use it in this particular video. Attribution to music composer linked in video.

1 Like

Not sure, but it’s something to do with the shader (Nature/Soft Occlusion) told me I had to use for SM_Env_Tree_010 or billboarding/lighting wouldn’t work. Switched to the standard shader and the boxes are lit correctly.

My Intro sequence,

Do you recognize the layout?
(I laughed out loud at the quiz’s “Just copy whatever they did in the Witcher 3” part)

1 Like

Privacy & Terms