Course video audio automatically turn off at the start of each video

hi all,
is there a way to turn this setting off? every time i start a new video whether via autoplay or manually clicking on a video, the sound always put on mute and I have to manually click on it to turn sound on

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks a lot for bringing this issue up. This is a known problem. Unfortunately, the teachable programmers do not seem to have found any solution for it yet. :frowning:

The best would be to message them directly via support@teachable.com. Along with the problem regarding the auto-muting of the videos, also tell them what operating system and browser you are using.

I know that this issue is a bit annoying but I hope you are able to watch the videos anyway.

See also:

2 Likes

Hi, Are you using Chrome?

I was having this issue and found that it was actually Chrome causing the problem.

This is what worked for me:
Open a new Tab and enter - chrome://settings
This will bring up the settings tab, search at the top for “site settings”
This should bring up a selection of options with “Site Settings” highlighted
Click on this option and the you will need to scroll down and look for CONTENT and under that there is a section called ADDITIONAL CONTENT SETTINGS
Click on this and it will take you to another section where you should see a section labelled “Sound - Sites Can Play Sound”
Click on this (Almost there)
Towards the bottom of the screen there is an ADD button next to “Allowed to Play Sound”
Add www.gamedev.tv

This fixed it for me, no more muted videos. I think it is something to do with Chrome blocking auto playing adverts and being overly aggressive.
It is meant to learn which websites you like to visit and engage audio on but this bypasses the learning process

5 Likes

This worked for me. I was having the same problem. Thank you for sharing!

Oh, and welcome to GameDev community! Great start!

Based on your solution i think i may have hit on an easier method to fix this on Chrome.
Without your solution i wouldnt have found this and its a similar issue we had with some people having the security settings blocking the videos which teachable eventually fixed.

Heres my solution

Go to https://www.gamedev.tv/courses/
Click the padlock/I symbol to the left of the URL
Click site settings
Scroll to sound
Change to allow.

4 Likes

Oh that is a much easier way to fix it, nice

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms