Compiler error

I am getting a compiler error on my UE when i try and compile after putting in a new actor(the Sphere). I have disabled my AntiVirus and it did not help. I don’t understand why it can’t rename?

ERROR: Unable to rename C:\Users\james\Desktop\Games\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscapeGameModeBase.gen.cpp.txt.tmp to C:\Users\james\Desktop\Games\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscapeGameModeBase.gen.cpp.txt
ERROR: Unable to rename C:\Users\james\Desktop\Games\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscapeGameModeBase.cpp.txt.tmp to C:\Users\james\Desktop\Games\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscapeGameModeBase.cpp.txt
[4/7] BuildingEscapeGameModeBase.gen.cpp
[3/7] BuildingEscapeGameModeBase.cpp
ERROR: Unable to rename C:\Users\james\Desktop\Games\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.init.gen.cpp.txt.tmp to C:\Users\james\Desktop\Games\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.init.gen.cpp.txt
ERROR: Unable to rename C:\Users\james\Desktop\Games\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.cpp.txt.tmp to C:\Users\james\Desktop\Games\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.cpp.txt
[2/7] BuildingEscape.init.gen.cpp
[1/7] BuildingEscape.cpp
Building 7 actions with 12 processes…

Did you have trouble compiling before?

No, This was the first time.

Did you not have trouble with the previous section? Building Bull Cow Game went okay?

Nope, no trouble at all. And I tried 2 different folders. It doesn’t happen until I add the sphere and then add component, it says … added class 'WorldPosition", however you must recompile the 'BuildingEscape ’ module before it will appear in the content browser. Failed to automatically hot load the ‘building Escape’ module. Then I can’t recompile.

Do you have any problems if you create a new C++ project? If that succeeds, can you also create an actor component C++ class in it?

No problem with the new C++ project, it will compile.
As soon as I try and create an actor component, the compiler is in error.

why the color is green and blu in this and no white look the picture please std::cout << std::endl;
hello world
thank

Functions and Classes use colored text to contrast and make code easier to read.

1 Like

thank’s Jim2, but please look a picture, give me error in terminal…is normal?

Dakini, I wish I could help you on this one, but I can’t read it. Does it compile?

1 Like

Yes that’s normal. You can resolve that warning by compiling with /EHsc e.g.

cl triplex.cpp /EHsc
1 Like

No problem with the new C++ project, it will compile.
As soon as I try and create an actor component, the compiler is in error.

1 Like

Sorry I missed your reply.

I’m assuming no, but is that specifically an actor component, other c++ classes are fine? That would be weird

Just to doubly make sure I’ve got this right. You can create a C++ project which has a couple C++ files including a C++ game mode and it compiles and opens? But as soon as you create a C++ class it no longer wants to play nice?

Are you using anything like OneDrive? Or are you dual booting Windows/Linux?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Help with code

That is correct. I am using onedrive for backup purposes and I am NOT dual booting.
I am using UE 4.27.

OneDrive is rather likely to be the cause of your problem.

2 Likes

DanM you can look the picture please? the terminal does not add and add the values ​​a, b, c written in the code

Uploading: codice.jpg…

Your second screenshot didn’t finish uploading before you posted.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms