Compiler Doesn't Always Acknowledge Changes in Prop.h

I was fiddling around with the scale level because I wasn’t sure if I wanted it to be exactly 4.0 and I noticed that when I change it the compiler doesn’t always notice the change and will compile with the old value. It seems completely unpredictable whether the compiler will acknowledge it or not. The first few times it will stick with the old value but eventually it will “catch up” but it doesn’t seem to actually be recompiling the .h file every time. Is there a reason for this?

I don’t have an exact cause or reason for this. But in order to make the compiler more efficient, it’ll sometimes compare with an existing binary while looking for changes in code. You can see this in action if you tried doing a build for an Unreal Engine project in C++ vs a rebuild. Build will only focus on what files were changed or need to be added, rebuild does everything/

While there isn’t a rebuild option with VS Code, what you can do to trigger a similar effect is to delete the executable file before building your project.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms