Combat, getting ready to kill some enemies :-)

In this last update, I added the health bars for the player and the enemies.
I worked on some of the combat’s logic and added two different types of enemies, the basic and the archer.
The music changes when the player is in the basic enemy’s range. I added some animations, audio effect and particle systems to make it more interesting and engaging.
Hope you like it!

16 Likes

Looking, and sounding, very good Dani, well done. The music change is a really nice touch and adds enormously to the experience. I love the little characters in this, the lighting is pretty awesome too - I enjoyed watching the arrows :slight_smile:

@Rob Thanks so much for your kind words!

1 Like

very nice!, i like the little touches, particles floating around, and the music shifts an the overall sound and feel seems to fit nicely :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much @OboShape :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very Nice! You did this all by your own ?

1 Like

@69Unbalance I’m using some assets for effects, sounds, props and natural elements. But yes, I created and designed the terrain for the level. I created and modeled my characters in Blender, rigged them with Mixamo and developed all the code for all of that (with the help of these great courses) … A lot of work, but fun work :slight_smile:
I can say my best friends are the assets from the store and the courses from Udemy hehehe…

2 Likes

This game looks beautiful. I love the art style you’ve gone for.

Great work :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks so much @amwcodes

1 Like

That is pretty awesome.

2 Likes

Thanks @Anthony_Juarez :slight_smile:
I’m glad you guys like it!!

1 Like

@CreativebytheSea This game is looking better every time you post new stuff. Really good.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @Stephen_Crookes … I’m working on a little Demo to share it with you guys and let you play with it. I’m interested in seeing what feedback I get to improve my game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:slight_smile: looking forward to having a play.

1 Like

Wow I love the character you play as! It seems like he could run a little faster though :slight_smile:

Looks great! One thing I noticed is that the player feet look like they are sunk into the ground from behind. It may be a combination of the small size of the feet themselves and a bit of sliding that make it look so.

@Stephen_Crookes @ToastandBananas @Mochnant Thanks so much guys!! that’s an old post, the game has been updated a little bit…
If you want to play it, I have a demo running for Chrome here: http://www.cbtsdesign.com/TheFiveWeb/

Instructions:
Direction/movement: Arrow keys or AWSD
Attack: Space
Interaction with UI: Mouse

I would love to hear any feedback, ideas or suggestions you can have :slight_smile:

I’m posting all the new updates here if you are interested on keep updated: The ShadowLight Kingdom, my first playable demo

2 Likes

Looking good!

As for feedback, I’d highly suggest putting the SPACE to attack into the game UI. That seems rather unintuitive and so I was not able to attack at all. SPACE is typically jump. I’d suggest LMB for attack, which would be obvious to players without any mention needed.

I also feel like the walking/jogging transition is too slow, as is the movement overall.

I was also confused as to what the numbers under the items mean, and if that was supposed to be a hotbar of some sort (though clicking seemed to do nothing), or just an unusual inventory display.

Overall it is coming along nicely. I look forward to more updates.

1 Like

Thanks @Mochnant :slight_smile:
The game is meant to be played in mobile devices, I added some keyboard support just for the demo, but it’s good to know what people is used to if I decide to do a PC/MAC version.
By the other hand, you can only attack if you have a weapon equipped.
The numbers below the icons give you the attack and defense attributes of the items, this way you know what you have equipped without having to display the profile/info panel all the time. It’s definitely a good idea to explain it in some way or add the wording “Attack” or “Defense” to make it more obvious.
Thanks for taking the time to play the demo and sharing your ideas! Really helpful information :slight_smile:

1 Like

That looks freaking excellent! Made me want to play it. I really like the design of the characters - player and skeletons. In fact, I love the design of everything.

Brilliant stuff! :smiley:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms