The ShadowLight Kingdom, my first playable demo

I wrote a briefing about the story and the main goals the player needs to achieve to be passing levels, but I didnā€™t really write the GDD. The structure of my levels was designed based on the goals, but I was curious to know if people was using other ā€œkind of criteriasā€ to create their gamesā€¦ Game design and level design is a huge topic, I feel there is infinite ways to approach it :slight_smile:
I like the idea of having a boss to test the skills you learnt!! Thatā€™s a great concept!

Hi guys, after a long time without posting any updates Iā€™m sharing my Playerā€™s Stats Panel.
I think I can called finished now, maybe I need to change some stuff, but it will be minor details.
The idea is from this Stats Panel you can have an overview of the current stats, main goals and what you can get in the short term future.
Hope you like it.

p0282

3 Likes

Really like the hexagonal theme

2 Likes

I also find your choice of tesselations pleasing :slight_smile:

Looking great Dani, when is the next updated demo version available for a test run?

1 Like

Thanks @Brian_Robson :slight_smile:

Thanks @Rob! Iā€™m polishing some minor bugs and I will post another demo soon. I added some cool stuff, really excited to show the improvements :grinning:

1 Like

Fantastic! I will look forward to seeing it :slight_smile:

How is this progressing? Looked amazing back in March.

Iā€™m just putting together a YouTube ad for the RPG. Would you like a snippet of your game (along with a text credit) included?

1 Like

Hi Ben,
That would be amazing!
I had to stop that project for a little bit but I have a first level playable with a full inventory system, statistics, etc. I can send a demo :slight_smile:
Or if you prefer I can record the game play and send some info about the game.
Thanks so much!!

2 Likes

This would be a very good time to show your current project too Dani, if @Ben perhaps pops some links into his post to you could get a little advertising from it also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Rob Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Not sure if Ben has seen your current project? Perhaps link in some of those video clips into a topic here (or this one I guess) - it followed on almost directly after the above from memory didnā€™t it. Was nice reading your GameDevHQ interview btw. :slight_smile:

Thanks @Rob, Iā€™m glad you liked the interview :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was nice to read a little bit more about the man behind the game too :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a cool project, well done. @Rick_Davidson check it out.

1 Like

Was a ton of fun playing the demo, love the art style you went with and the ambiance of the game. Looking forward to an updated demo, hope youā€™re still giving your project love!

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks so much!!
The project is still alive, but I had to pause it for a while. It was getting too big and I decided to start something smaller that could allow me finish and publish it to learn from the experience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice! What are you working on now? Publishing a game even small scale is great practice and experience.

Edit: Saw your other post, looking forward to seeing more content!

1 Like

I just saw your replyā€¦ Wow, so many months later! Sorry about that :slight_smile:
Iā€™m working on Crumbling World, you can see the trailer here:

I post my progress almost daily on Twitter and Instagram if you are interested :slight_smile:
https://twitter.com/dumearts
2 Likes

just WOW. :+1:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms