Code isn't compiling right and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong

So I’m absolutely certain I’m following the tutorial exactly, and yet for some reason when I hit compile, I’m treated to the picture instead of “Build finished successfully.” I’ve checked and double-checked my code against the tutorial’s and it looks exactly the same.
Screenshot 2022-01-06 153655

Original: So not ten minutes later, I tried going through it again and I ended up getting it right. Even so, I’d appreciate it if anyone could explain what I did wrong the first time, because I have no idea.

EDIT: So the code I posted is actually the debug tab on the terminal. Whoops.

I’m glad that you found the solution on your own, good work!

Just a quick tip. That output also suggests that your code compiled without errors, so if you end up on the wrong tab and see that, you’ll know it’s ok.

The first couple of times I tried to run the finished program, I got errors. Apparently, I ended up getting it right later on, but I’d like to know what I did differently.

Executing programs is case sensitive, so it treats “hello” and “Hello” as different files, which it couldn’t find the former but did find the latter.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms