Client player name appear with weird number rather than "Player 1"

So this lecture supposes to give out the winning scene which shows the winner player, the host will be Player 0 and client will be Player 1. I still get host as Player 0 but my client’s name is strangely numbered as tens of thousand. One instance here I have the client as Player 51833. Weird! Anyway it does not break the game right now so I move on to the next lecture.
Can anyone have idea to fix this?

Hi, since the course was released, Mirror changed some of the default transport settings. Instead of using 0, 1, 2 etc. it uses 0, and then random numbers. You could try changing to telepathy transport instead of KCP and see if that helps. You might just need to add something to the game to give the players names or designations.

2 Likes

I’ve implemented using Steam username instead of the player number. Seems to work fine. There’s a few tutorials for it around but let me know if you want a hand with it. Next I want to add the avatar as well.

1 Like

Thank you all my friends, I will look into implement username rather than player number. I just want to be sure I didn’t mess up anything earlier.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms