Clean code

Hi! I have to say, I enjoy this course immensely. Love the how far you get so quickly and have already started with a few ideas for future multuplayer games.

Though there is one thing I’m curious abot, the code design idea in the Multiplayer course. For most other courses the instructor renames methods when needed but in here Nathan has a clear idea before hand. This sometimes makes the method naming quite strange since the first implementation does nothing what the name says. Later on code is added, and the mothod does what the name implies but the it still does not tell the entire story.

Example “UpdateSelectionArea” is actually “DeselectUnitsStartAndUpdateSelectionArea”.

I’m still only a third into the RTS-section so there might be refactoring later on, but at the moment I have a hard time following along since the code is hard to read (besides the fact that Multiplayer is difficult to understand all the back and forth with :smiley: )

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! The method names are meant to reflect the final purpose of the method. It is always a challenge to create good method names that mean the same thing to everyone reading them.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms