Chess Scene Final

Hey Guys. It too me while to finish the chess scene. It´s because i wanted to do something special and I had to figure out the texturing. Thats I part I really struggle with. The UV-work is super difficult (for me).
But I hope you like the result.
Critics are welcome.

Cheers, W

10 Likes

Time well spent! It looks great!

It gets easier with practice! Though it never got to be ‘exciting’ part of modelling for me. You might want to check some of the addons in our community wiki here WIKI - Free Blender-related tools and addons for addons that helps the process a bit…

I don’t think CBC course goes in depth here (someone please correct me if I’m wrong), but environment course does for sure…

I like it very much, especially how you blended in the board with environment!

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the input. I will go for the environment course as well after that.
Can´t wait to learn more.

And I don´t expect the UV-Part to be fun… I am already happy when I can make it work properly haha

5 Likes

Great textures!

1 Like

I like the look of the castles

1 Like

Love the rocky background,reflections on the board and the chess pieces.Time well spent.Great job.

1 Like

The rocks add a nice “epic” feel. How people do you know play chess on the top of a mountain? That is what I would call “Extreme Chess”.

Welcome to the website, have a look around and ask questions as you need to. Enjoy your stay!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms