Chess planning

Hello everyone,
I’ve made some researches and I’ve found a beautiful chess set that I would like to reproduce and dimensions that are compliant with the USCF standards.
Here they are!

Chess set:

Aaaand dimensions:

5 Likes

Those might be hard to model, but look cool! Good luck!

3 Likes

I would advise you to follow the chess tutorial first. Then build your own version.

1 Like

Ok then, I will try with classic chess following the tutorial and then I’ll try this version, 'cause I like them so much and I’m so excited to reproduce them!

2 Likes

Good decision. I saw it late last night and thought it ambitious, but thought perhaps you were not a beginner at 3d work.

1 Like

Another alternative is to do both at the same time. I did it and it worked. I.e., I first modeled a pawn that was shown in the course, then model my pawn of choice. And it came out quite good:

Though your references might be a bit more complicated then what I’ve chosen :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Woah! Yours looks really cool too! Especially the one with the “C” on the top!
I think I’ll take the idea of doing the standard ones for the white and the cool ones for the black and if at the end of the white I see that I’m able to reproduce the ones I choose I’ll do them, otherwise, I have another really cool alternative that could be hard but maybe easier than the first one:

(Btw really really thanks for the response and the idea! I really appreciated that!!!)

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

Those ones are cool as well and they should be easier to make as they are more symmetrical. But I keep my fingers crossed that you mange to make the first ones you showed :crossed_fingers:. If not then after getting some more experience you can go back and make them.

You are welcome :slight_smile:. This community is quite friendly :smiley:. Everybody is helping each other :smiley:.

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms