Chess Pieces

Hello everyone,

just finished my pawn pieces and I will be uploading all of my pieces on the one thread to make it better.

so first little guy.

Pawn:

low poly version

I managed to take my high poly version from over 3000 tris to now in the low poly version 576. I did this by taking every other vertical edge and removing them and then bridging all of the remaining edges.

more to follow.

1 Like

Bishop

Low Poly

3 Likes

Next when following along with the course is the Queen. first up the high poly count queen.

Queen

Low Poly

Next up the gallant Knight.
not to sure on how this knight piece came out.

Knight

Low Poly

2 Likes

Not sure if you wanted comments in the middle of this portfolio topic Dan, tell me if not and I’ll delete my post - but just wanted to say that I really like your knight, has a rather cutesy/fun look to him/her. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I welcome any comments and replies, Thanks for your feedback the horse took about 6 restarts before I got to this, definitely the best of all of the abominations :rofl:

1 Like

You’re very welcome Dan, great to see you so active here again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to be back! :smile:

1 Like

Rook

Low poly Rook

Nearly done now.

now its time for the King

King

Low poly

2 Likes

Rendered image. I like how this is coming out now. really is all coming together.

2 Likes

That’s looking really nice Dan, I really like those shadows and reflections.

How do you feel about adding a little horn on that knights head and giving it some unicorn sparkles as a texture? You could make one of the most unique chess sets here! :wink:

Go awwwnn… you know you wanna :smiley:

1 Like

yeah that sounds cool, and the Gnomes from the unity course for the pawns :rofl: I will look into this tomorrow.

thanks for the compliments.

1 Like

I’m loving the sound of this, perhaps not what you had envisaged originally but could be a bit of fun!..

…and you’re very welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got to give the people what they want :smile:

1 Like

finally got a few minutes for this.

tried to make something majestic looking.

2 Likes

hehe, sparkly! :smiley: :unicorn:

1 Like

As good as this looks. I am going to unwrap this and photoshop my own texture I think I have a better image in my head for this little guy. :rainbow:

1 Like

That’s literally me… :smiley:

1 Like

:rofl: that’s quality.

1 Like

heheee, :smiley:

hey @Rob just finished this unicorn, not perfect but I thought you would like to see your creation.

the model above is updated now.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms