Challenges

I came across this old forum challenge How To Host The Weekly Collab …Instructions

After thinking it might be good to revive it, I thought it should work differently.

How about choosing subjects for forum members to make something for, but keeping them ‘eternal’.

So a subject is created every period as seems often enough, might be monthly if need be or weekly. Forum members then come up with their work to that theme and post it.

Now the ‘eternal’ bit is there is no closing date, new members can see one they like ages later and do something. I do not think there is enough activity to keep picking winners and closing the challenge as in the linked original. Further, as people get better going through the course they might like to do a new entry. I am sure we all have times we do this modeling more and times we leave it off for a bit. So such a format can cover more of life’s patterns. You could enter all the themes open in a week if that fits your time, then none for six months. You might knock off a quick simple one or spend months on something special. It’s not a competition for the ‘best’. It would not matter if you are just starting out and do a simple block model to the theme, it would have been an exercise for your growing abilities.

There could be a ‘starter’ thread. Where the challenges could be listed and linked as they are created, so they could be found over time even after falling away from the current threads, and theme ideas are given for consideration. That way there would be a list of themes ahead of being needed.

Please tell me it’s stupid if you think so, I won’t be offended.

But if several might like to participate now and again please say as well. Along with any ideas of variation to my musings.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms