Ceiling Mesh not showing up Lumen and Light Bleed

So I used the SM_Crypt floor mesh to create the ceiling like the tutorial said… but I’m running into the issue now of it not showing up as a ceiling title.

Here is what I’m seeing.

After reading through a few other things. I created a box brush to block out the light… I’m just seeing the untextured box anytime I look up.

So I have figured out a “work around” by creating a box brush and then texturing it. That creates an actual ceiling I can’t see through.

Now I’m just curious as to what is causing the bug. I can’t see through the floors when I look down, but if I duplicate them and alt drag them up, I can see through them.

Those materials are single sided.

So on top of just “alt and dragging up” we need to rotate the floors 180 in order to use them as ceilings? Or is there a way to make them duel sided?

You shouldn’t, Sam used the floor to block the light which is already blocking on the correct side.

I would just use box brushes like is done in the demonstration map

So I just did a quick test and it appears that the floor mesh cannot just be used the way that Sam uses them in the tutorial. I went back and watched everything to just make sure I didn’t miss something the way I drug them in etc. Not sure what has changed BUT like you have said, you need to use box brushes to properly block out light.

You need to even use them between floors if you have your levels stacked on top of each other. You can also 180 your floor tiles to be upside down and that will block out light, but you will need to make sure you also have floors as you can see right through them this way if that makes sense.

In order to use the SM_Crypt_Floor as a ceiling tile, you need to alt drag it up, then also 180 it/ turn it upside down or else its just see through like the above pictures. .

light bleed 5

(unlit because its black inside)

I see where the confusion for some is coming in as Sam uses actual Ceiling Meshes in the video “Solution: Modular Level Layout” but then in the “Lumen & Light Bleed” lesson he just duplicates the floor mesh for the ceiling to “fix” light bleed… which is resulting in the problems a lot of people seem to currently be having as the floor mesh is just one sided.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms