Can't open project anymore

Right until the end of this lecture my project worked, now it will not open. I get an error when trying to open it.

"The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-BuildingEscape.dll

When I click yes to rebuild them I get:
BuildingEscape could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

Plus I also have errors in Visual Studio 2015. I am also using UE 4.18. These are the errors and warnings I get when trying to build in VS 2015.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Failed to produce item: J:\Unreal Engine\BuildingEscape\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-BuildingEscape.dll BuildingEscape J:\Unreal Engine\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1

Error C2665 ‘CheckVA’: none of the 11 overloads could convert all the argument types BuildingEscape C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Logging\LogMacros.h 34
Error MSB3075 The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” BuildingEscapeEditor Win64 Development “J:\Unreal Engine\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BuildingEscape C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

I did not change engine versions or anything of the sort. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have figured out what was causing my game to not open. This is what I had for code.

/// see what we hit
AActor* ActorHit = Hit.GetActor();
if (ActorHit)
{
UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT(“Line trace Hit: %s”), (ActorHit->GetName()))
};

Not to sure if you can see the 2 mistakes I had made, but after some trial and error by commenting out the code and rebuilding I was finally able to see where I messed up. Here is the code again with the corrections.

/// see what we hit
AActor* ActorHit = Hit.GetActor();
if (ActorHit)
{
UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT(“Line trace Hit: %s”), *(ActorHit->GetName()))
}

Privacy & Terms