Cant Join With Friend Through Steam

Hi,

Were having trouble joining together through steam, we both have added the build to our steam library and have the game launched up before trying to join. But when opening up the friends list, it says we are both playing “Spacewar” and the join button is greyed out. I also have the latest Mirror installed.

Cheers,
Jack

Hi there, I recommend using an earlier version of FizzySteamWorks, this tends to help solve this bug. What version are you currently using?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will try that out, I’m currently using Version 4.4.1

Hi,

I downgraded to version 4.3 still with no luck, maybe I need to go older?

Go back to the last version 3 maybe? I have 2.7 in my project, so I know that worked at some point in time.

Hi Cohen, I have a different issue but think that it has somethings to do with FizzySteamWorks too, so I downgrade to 3 and 2.7 but both give this error when I import

So I just closed the project, deleted the FizzySteamWorks folder, opened it up again, reimported and it went through except there was a compiler error and it would not run

Do you know how to fix it?

Hi there,
Try closing Unity, deleting the Library folder from the project (this is all the temp files) and then reloading Unity. This will rebuild the Library folder.
You can also try Edit-> preferences → regenerate project files.

What script is that error in?

Hi Cohen, the error is in the script FizzySteamworks.cs. I have tried what you advice above but the problem persist, if I just import any other version of Fizzy while one version is in the project, it would not go through. If I just delete the Fizzy folder and import, only the 4.0 or above work, 3.0 and 2.7 would have ServerDisconnect error.

Anyway, my issue is my friends do have the Join button to join but they would not go into the lobby, their games hang out in Main Menu and all UIs disappear. I initially thought it just being slow but in the end, they never connected. And yup, we all “playing” Spacewar, I guess that just Steam’s technical tools for us to test the transport.

Hmm, so no luck with version 3.0 then? What version of Mirror and Unity are you using?

I’m using Unity 2020.3 LTS, Mirror version 44.0.2 and Fizzy 4.4.1. I updated Mirror to newest version, v.53.4.1, but it messed up the whole project badly and it would not run. Have to go on their github and import 44.0.2 which was the version I used when finished the lecture.

The thing is I did not test multiplayer right away :frowning: but only did that after the Mirror versions incident. Not sure if reimport Mirror back and forth create this issue.

It’s very frustrating trying to find compatible versions of all these different parts. I do think having the latest mirror might help if you can get that to work.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms